12.13.2008

Wiki-Wiki What? Thing 17

Hours. Yes, hours...could be spent looking at all of the good wiki information found on Thing 17. Wowza! It's a little overwhelming, but I've found a lot of really good, useful information. I've wanted to start a Reading Group or Book Club here at NPPL, but don't didn't know how to go about it. I've got some great ideas now.

Another feature I really liked was the Book Lovers Wiki. It's wonderful! I'm going to have to read Flushed: How the Plumber Saved Civilization. I loved reading the review. It's not too in depth, just enough to make me want to read it. While they are kind of lacking on the Chic Lit and Romance section, they've got a strong Non Fiction that will keep you with something to read.

Another idea that I really like is from the Bull Run Library Wiki. They have an All Fairfax Reads blog and you can write your own reviews. I'd like to hear what others think of books, or even if they have any they'd recommend.

No comments: